Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review-A Summer to Remember by Elle Chardou

I'm really not sure what to say about this book. I feel bad because the author sent it to me to review, but I didn't really like it. I couldn't identify with any of the characters. It seemed that they spent a lot of time explaining how rich they are and how that makes their decisions justifiable  The main character in this book is Jerrica. She is in love with Paul, her brother's best friend. Her brother had forbidden them from getting together because he doesn't want Jerrica to hurt Paul. They find their way together anyway. Paul was a playboy in college and after and has secrets that rival the ones that Jerrica has kept. We also learn about their circle of friends, Talia, Autumn, Savannah  Seth, and others. There are a lot of people to keep straight. I was put off by the many different references to the ethic heritage of those that these characters dated, as if that makes a difference today. Maybe in the upper crust life it does, I wouldn't know, personally. I felt like reading this book was a lot like watching an episode of the Kardashians, which I don't do by choice. If that is the kind of shows you like, then you will probably enjoy this book. If not, you may be disappointed. 2 out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment